GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF COMMISSIONER OF CENTRAL EXCISE, CHENNAI ZONE
26/2, MAHATHMA GANDHI ROAD, NUNGAMBAKKAM, CHENNAI – 600 034
Telephone No : 044-28331001
Fax No : 044-28331159
Email : email@example.com
Visit us at : centralexcisechennai.gov.in
Dated : 19.05.2008
ORDER NO. 51 / 2008
* * * * * * * * * *
Consequent to the DPC meeting held on 16.5.2008, the following Tax Assistants are promoted to the grade of Senior Tax Assistant in the pay scale of Rs.5000-8000/- provisionally and purely on adhoc basis with immediate effect subject to the outcome of the SLPs filed by the department in the Hon’ble Supreme Court (registered as CC No.5272-5284/2008) and interim directions dated 04.04.2008 of Hon’ble Supreme Court against the judgement of Hon’ble Madras High Court dated 13.4.2007 in W.P.Nos. 8361/2004 & Ors. and of any other cases pending in appropriate forum. This order is issued in pursuance of CBEC’s directions dated 07.04.2008 and 05.05.2008 issued from file F.No.23020/07/2007-Ad.IIIA.
02. On promotion, they are posted to the respective offices where they are presently working.
03. The officers promoted on ad hoc basis are not entitled to exercise option for fixation of pay and the promotion does not confer on the officers so promoted any claim for continued officiation in the grade of Senior Tax Assistant and the period of such service will not count for seniority or as qualifying service for further promotions.
04. This is issued with the approval of the Chief Commissioner of Central Excise, the cadre controlling authority.
The Individuals (Through the Officer Concerned)
· The Chief Commissioner of Central Excise, Chennai
· The Chief Commissioner of Central Excise, Coimbatore
· The Chief Commissioner of Customs (Preventive), Custom House, Chennai
· The Commissioner of Central Excise, Chennai-I / II / III / IV / Service Tax / LTU / Puducherry / Coimbatore / Salem / Madurai / Tirunelveli / Trichy.
· The Commissioner of Customs, Trichy / Tuticorin
· The ADG, DGICCE, SRU, Chennai-4
· The Sr. P.S. to the Chief Commissioner, Chennai
· The Sr.P.S. to the Commissioner, Chennai -I
· The Superintendent, Cadre Control CF Section.
· Establishment / Accounts Section of Chennai-I / II / III / IV / Service Tax / LTU
Puducherry /Coimbatore /Salem / Madurai/ Tirunelveli / Trichy Excise /
Trichy Customs / Tuticorin
· PAO, Chennai/Puducherry/Madurai/Coimbatore/ Tirunelveli/Trichy/Salem
· Hindi Cell, Chennai – I Commissionerate
· The Gen.Secy., Ministerial Tax Officers’ Assn.,/ CEMOA
· Master file / Spare copy